Admission application for the student office
- Students already matriculated at the University of Basel:
use the web application MOnA (https://services.unibas.ch/) when re-registering.
- For all other students, i.e. not matriculated at the University of Basel:
please check the website of Student Services (deutsche Version/ english version) and Information sheet (deutsche Version/ english version) including PhD supervision request form (PDF)
At least 6 months after admission application
- Full research proposal with Learning Agreement (Template)
For a English translation of the PhD regulations please contact phd-med(at)unibas(dot)ch.
The external advisor should be chosen according to the criteria for external experts.
Concerning first shared authorship please read the following document.
PhD Agreement/Progress Report
- Word Template particularly suitable for all fields of the PhD Program Health Sciences (PPHS) and the Biomedical Ethics (Template)
- Application for PhD defense (PDF, Word file (german))
- Eigenständigkeitserklärung/Declaration of Independent Authorship (PDF, PDF, PDF, PDF)
- Delivery policy of the Medical Faculty https://ub.unibas.ch/en/services/dh-digital-services/dissertations/#c8619
- Title page Dr. sc. med. (Word file, English)
- Titelseite Dr. sc. med. (Word file, Deutsch)
- Guidelines on how to write an expert’s report about a PhD thesis (PDF)
- Guidelines for Digital Defense due to the Corona Pandemic (PDF)
Delivery of the 2 bounded copies and upload of the electronical thesis on the e-doc
- Merkblatt Pflichtexemplare Deutsch
- Guidelines submission bounded copies of the thesis English
- Bestimmungen über die Ablieferung der Pflichtexemplare und den Druck der Dissertation/Provisions concearning the delivery of the madatory bounded copies and the printing of the thesis here
One of the 2 printed copies must be signed by the first supervisor (page 2, beside the name). Once the copies are submitted to the Dean Office (Klingelbergstrasse 61), the student gets a link for uploading the electronical thesis on the e-doc of UNIBAS. This link will be sent by the PhD-office.